The beginning lecture phase will cover:
- the linguistic and terminological meaning of tafseer
- the importance, virtue, and benefit of studying tafseer
- the birth and development of the science of tafseer
- the prerequisites and competencies of the commentator
- the etiquette the commentator is expected to observe
- the guiding principles of interpretation
In the next phase of the course students will practically apply the concepts learned as they read, ponder, and are guided through the interpretation of the 30th part of the Qur'aan.
In this course participants will be introduced to the science of Qur'aanic exegesis:
- in theory via a brief presentation of the history of the science and the principles upon which it is founded and
- in practice via the study of the last part of the Qurʾaan.
Start Date: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2015
Course Duration: 16 Weeks - 2 sessions per week (1 hour per session)
Days: Saturday and Wednesday
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm EST Sat.
8:00pm - 9:00pm EST Wed.
Course Method: LIVE Virtual Class Room
Course Code: TF101
Enrollment Opens: 18-Jan-2015 inshaa Allaah.
Brother Abd'Llah Al-Ansari
Highly trained and credentialed in the field of Islaamic studies, the Arabic language, and the culture of Islaam and the Muslims Imaam Abd'Llah Al-Ansari has been studying, teaching, writing, and speaking publicly on these subjects for nearly 20 years.
Amongst his achievements are the following:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in the fundamental sources of religion from Muhammad bin Saud Islaamic University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Master of Arts degree in Near Eastern Languages and Cultures from Indiana University
- Specialized in teaching Islaamic studies; Arabic as a second language; Arab, Islaamic, and Middle East history and historiography at Indiana University.
- Served as Imaam and Director of Islaamic Affairs for the Islaamic Center of Peoria Illinois
- Has recently concluded the instruction of a 30 week online guided discovery course on the fundamental principles of Islaamic jurisprudence.
After enrolling all students will be required to complete the following:
- View the Orientation Presentation located on the course page
- Set up a WizIQ free learners account (if you aren't already registered) - https://www.wiziq.com/register.aspx and add Albaseerah.org as a contact: http://www.wiziq.com/albaseerah_org
- Ideally the display name in WIZIQ should match the username on this site.
- If you haven't already, please complete the Site Registration Form.
- You will need to review and agree to the Site Policy in order to proceed.
- On the Course Enrollment Page click on the "Enrol me" button at the bottom of the page.
- You will then be enrolled and will be redirected to the Course Page.You should also receive a welcome email with a link to edit your Profile.
In an effort to help students as much as possible on their path to seeking knowledge, Albaseerah offers merit-based scholarships to qualified individuals.